Although Camaloon is not a small startup anymore, we’re still trying to stay nimble in terms of our processes by reducing unnecessary bureaucracy and legacy habits.
A lot of e-commerces sell finished goods. Camaloon is different, as we’re allowing our customers to customize products. That is where all challenges start: from defining the product's concept, to creating customization tools that offer an outstanding design experience balancing simplicity and advanced feature set. We're also tasked with coming up with interfaces for our factory and internal users.
What you will be doing every day if you join us:
- working in 3 or 6-weeks cycles where you and a team of developers will bring ideas from the definition to reality (read more about that: https://basecamp.com/shapeup)
- helping conceiving solutions and specs by talking to the stakeholders. Understanding the real ‘why’ and not only focusing on the ‘how’.
- being part of an autonomous team gives you not only freedom but a responsibility to measure the impact of the features you’re designing.
- giving feedback about the process. We believe that the whole team is responsible for shaping the processes not only managers
- helping team-mates grow professionally and receiving the same help from them.
This is why our Product team is no only looking for good designers, but for creative, business-oriented thinkers that want to shape Camaloon's future. We’re looking for people with passion and drive.
We want you if:
- You are passionate about internet products and services, and are informed on current design practices. You follow trends but also apply your personal touch to your work.
- You have the skills and training to design intuitive user interfaces. You build elegant and simple solutions to complex customer problems.
- You have strong opinions but are also open to constructive feedback. You have experience working with teams and gathering useful metrics to further improve your projects using a variety of tools and methods.
- You can build fast proof of concept ideas, mockups, and interactive prototypes to solve business and user problems.
- You are a team player and are willing to get involved in multidisciplinary content and product teams and restlessly defend the product vision. You are also willing to lead such teams.
- You have experience using Sketch and Invision or similar design and prototyping tools.
If you feel like we’ve described you, get in touch with us!
We don’t want to add any formal requirements (like 5-7 years of experience with whatever), just come talk to us and see if Camaloon is a good fit for you!
- Subsidized Health Insurance
- Subsidized Gym Membership with Andjoy (Gym for Less)
- Subsidized specialty coffee (check out our Syra Coffee + Itnig coffice space!)
- Office location in Barcelona city center (Poblenou), at the city's technological hub. It's also close to the beach!
- Ping pong championships - we have our own ping pong table at the office!
- Offices breakfast on Tuesdays
- Summer BBQs, Volleyball tournaments, and fall parties
- After-work Beers
- Tech, Marketing and Sales events, and workshops on site
Itnig is a venture builder with rapidly growing startups such as Camaloon, Factorial, Quipu, and others. It is a great place to learn from ridiculously talented professionals, with whom to have interesting discussions and debate different solutions to similar problems on all startups. Itnig organizes activities to mix and exchange know-how between the different teams and to motivate learning from each other. Plus, we organize workshops, talks, conferences, and all kinds of after-work activities.