At Factorial we have a team of 25 very talented Full Stack developers. We are looking for engineers who can wear many hats, abstract problems, and find creative solutions. We look for smart people who are curious, proactive, and have good soft/communication skills.
We are not looking for a long list of skills and technologies. Our stack is Ruby on Rails for the backend and React/React-native for the clients, but it’s not mandatory to be proficient on those (most of the team came with other areas of expertise which is very enriching). We believe that someone who has good aptitudes and is hungry for learning is what works best.
Working at an early-stage startup like Factorial means making a bigger impact and learning more. In terms of the day to day work, you will enjoy the freedom to tackle big technical challenges your own way, working alongside a group of experienced developers and joining in at a critical stage in the company's future success.
What you will do
- Focus on expanding experience and proficiency in our code base, with solid understanding of relevant areas. Writing maintainable code.
- Scope and implement solutions for the epics with minimal guidance.
- Consistently follow best practices, able to defend technical decisions in code review feedback.
- Provide helpful, timely code reviews.
- Identify recurrent problems/issues/bugs and care about how solve them.
- Write clean code.
- Deploy to production multiple times per day.
- Have full ownership (and accountability) of which features to build and how to ship them.
- Share your knowledge or learn from others through one of our monthly tech talks, weekly lunch or our dev.to blog.
- Be trusted by the Factorial team. We want to work with you because we think you can solve the problems in your own way and we trust that you will be able to manage your time and schedule.
- Learn from and work with a team of extremely experienced developers, in a very quality-oriented environment.
- You should be a learner: you want to improve your skills not only in the engineering field but across any other areas.
- You should be an owner: You like proposing new hypotheses and be responsible for building, deploying and validating them.
- You know how to create an app (back-end and front-end) from the scratch and you can explain your technical decisions along the way.
- You have an experience working as a developer before.
- Healthy work-life balance. We love the time spent on the product, but we love our families too.
- We are here to learn. Not only we respect the time you spent on learning on each task, but also we have a budget that you can spend on any course you want.
- We have a nice office in Barcelona. Although we are a remote team, you can go to the office. Your choice.
- Subsidized health insurance if you are based in Spain.
- Subsidized gym membership if you are based in Spain.
Things to consider before apply
- You have to be comfortable with communicating in English.
- For remote working, your timezone should be between -4/+4 CET.
- The annual salary is € 40000.