At Factorial we're looking for a Software Engineering Manager or Director to help us take our Growth Enablement team to the next level. 📈
We want to develop the extremely talented people in our team, scale the company culture and evangelize our views on how Human Resources can make a difference for organizations all over the world. 🌎
About us 🤓
Factorial is an HR Software startup founded 5 years ago, we've won awards and received outstanding customer feedback since day one. It has closed over 18M€ in funding with top international venture capital firms (CRV, Creandum, Point Nine Capital and K Fund). Take a look and see how we started: The origin 🕳
Our Mission 🚀
To help small and medium companies automate HR workflows, centralize people data and make better business decisions. Currently serves thousands of customers in over 60 countries all over the world and across industries, it has built a super talented team of over +200 people in its headquarters in the sunny Barcelona.🌞
Our values ✨
The Role 🔨
At Factorial, we have a team of 35 talented and kind engineers with a meager turnover rate. Ownership and accountability are at the core of our values. We will trust you and your team to make and execute decisions. We want people to make an impact, and we will do whatever it takes to facilitate that at Factorial.
Despite being a fast-growing startup, we promote a healthy work-life balance. We are a remote-first and family-friendly organization. We understand that work may not be your priority at all times, so we let you manage your own time and ambitions. We all have good and bad moments, and work shouldn't feel like a burden.
Who are you? 👀
- You are friendly and prefer Socratic discussion over winning arguments.
- You have led organizations and love managing humans.
- You have hired and mentored people.
- You have found creative/pragmatic solutions to business problems.
- You have led technological decisions that had strategic outcomes.
- You have extensive developer experience building web applications. Our stack is Rails, React, and AWS (if you have experience in those, you will onboard faster).
- You have experience in several coding languages, CI/CD tools and cloud technologies.
- You have to be comfortable with communicating in English.
- For remote working, your timezone should be between -4/+4 CET.
What are you going to do? (more or less in chronological order) ⌚️
- You will ship to production on the first day.
- You will be addressing minor bugs and improvements to learn the product, codebase, and processes during the first two weeks.
- You will attend the weekly engineering managers meeting to talk about the team, projects, and strategic initiatives. As you get more confident in the role, it is expected that you present challenges and opportunities to the other managers.
- You will engage in recurring 1:1s with your team, focusing on personal growth and career development. Status updates are done within the team rituals.
- You are going to participate in all the team rituals – kick-offs, retros, weekly planning –. You will attend as a spectator in the first weeks and fully engaged once you start feeling comfortable with the role.
- You will join (or lead) conversations with stakeholders and customers to validate that we are building what the market needs.
- You will hire or let go engineers if you think it will help your team reach their objectives.
- You will keep coding, sometimes strategic initiatives, or just helping the team, depending on your bandwidth.
- You will iterate on the quarterly OKR definition of the team until you find one you feel comfortable committing to.
- You will understand all the nuances of your domain and how the technology implements it, being able to mentor people on the team.
What's next after I apply? 🔜
Perks of being part of our team 😏
- High growth, multicultural and friendly environment 🤝🏽
- No/Flexible schedules! ⏰
- Full remote flexibility 🏠
- AXA private health insurance 🩺
- Healthy life with Andjoy (Gyms, pools, outdoor classes) 🧘🏽♀️
- Save expenses with Cobee 💰
- Language classes with Yolk Academy & Factorial Language exchange 👩🏽🏫
- Get the most out of your salary with Devengo 💸
- Breakfast in the office and organic fruit 🍏
- Syra discounts ❗
- Free caffeine and theine ☕
- Pet Friendly 🐶
Diversity is part of us, we have more than 25 countries in our teams and we promote an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates, come join the team! 🌎
Don't miss out the opportunity to be part of the Factorial team 💜 !
Want to know more about us?