At Factorial we're looking for a hands-on Senior Engineering Manager to help us take our Experience / Developer Experience team to the next level and that likes to make a real impact by working close to the business.
Ready to be part of the challenge? 🚀
Experience Team 🦸🏼♂️
The Experience / Developer Experience Team's primary goal is to increase Factorial’s quality, performance and scalability by constantly improving the ways in which we build our product. We focus on honing our tools, upkeeping foundational elements and promoting best practices in continuous collaboration with the rest of the team. We sit in the intersection between the external experience (the customer) and the internal one (the product builders).
As an Engineer Manager in the team, you will be responsible for hiring and coaching the engineers in order to achieve the team's goals:
- Enhancing foundational UI & UX elements to empower our development and design teams.
- Equipping our product builders with robust tools to deliver with quality, confidence, and efficiency.
Collaborating with teams to identify and improve common software patterns, encourage best practices, remove obstacles, complete unfinished migrations, and reduce tech debt.
What will work be like?
- You will start the onboarding with a buddy that will guide you through some non-critical tasks to get used to the codebase.
- You will learn about the business, the whole customer journey, and start working with the team to draft a roadmap.
- You will participate in weekly meetings with your team to discuss what to work on next and propose new ideas.
- You will participate in reviewing the RFCs your team produces, giving feedback, and proposing alternatives in order to achieve the team's goals.
- You will hire members of the team, ensuring that we bring talented and good-hearted humans.
- You will constantly think how to make your team better and improve processes.
- You will engage in weekly 1:1s, focusing on the development of the members of the team and their well-being.
- You will engage with other engineering managers to coordinate initiatives that impact several teams.
You will define quarterly OKRs and a long term roadmap for your team.
- +5 years of experience working as an backend developer or a similar position.
+3 years of experience managing and leading teams.
You have a deep understanding of APIs (REST, graphQL and similar), developer toolchains, software architecture and CI/CD pipelines.
You think consistency, performance, quality and scalability are more than buzzwords and have a deep real meaning that needs to translate to products and services.
Perks of being part of our team
80.000€ Salary (this salary is a fix salary + a variable salary of the 20%)
- ESOP plan. 20% of the total package.
- 1.000€ of annual Learning and Development budget.
- A safe and diverse environment to grow and make an impact.
Save expenses with Cobee and get your salary in advance with Payflow 💸
Healthy life with, Gympass 🧘🏽♀️ and Alan as private health insurance 🩺
Language classes with Yolk Academy & Factorial Language exchange.
Syra and Apeteat ediscounts.
- Breakfast in the office, organic fruit and free caffeine and theine.
Flexible schedules pet Friendly and no dress code!
Is this you?! Come rock the world with us! 👌
About Factorial HR 🦄
Factorial is an all-in-one HR Software fast-growing startup founded in 2016. Our mission is to help SMEs automate HR workflows, centralize people data and make better business decisions.
Currently, serves thousands of customers in over 60 countries all over the world and across industries, it has built a super diverse and multicultural team of over +1000 people in Barcelona, Brazil, Mexico, and EEUU offices.🌎
We've won awards and received outstanding customer feedback since day one. It has closed over 120M$ in funding with top international venture capital firms (Tiger, CRV, Creandum, Point Nine Capital, and K Fund).