A brief word about us. Factorial is an HR and Payroll SaaS platform. That space is massively outdated and the moving to the cloud is inevitable.
I would like to put emphasis on the problem we have at hand: Every employee in the world needs a payroll service. That service is run by labor advisors that using email, excel and on-premise tools from the 90’s have to manually generate payslips. As engineers, we feel that we ought to change the status quo – and I hope you feel the same.
At Factorial we have a team of 5 Full Stack developers and we are currently looking to expand our development team with a couple of additions. Being a small team, we are looking for someone who can wear many hats, who can abstract problems and find creative solutions. We look for smart people who are proactive and have good soft/communication skills. We are not looking for a long list of skills. Ruby on Rails and React are a plus since this is part of our stack, but it’s not mandatory to be proficient on those. We believe that someone who has good aptitudes and is hungry for learning is what works best.
Working at an early-stage startup like Factorial means making a bigger impact and learning more; especially around non-coding-related things like product, entrepreneurship, marketing, etc... In terms of the day to day work, you'd enjoy the freedom to tackle big technical challenges your own way, working alongside a group of experienced developers and joining in at a critical stage in the company's future success.
- Have full ownership (and accountability) of the features you ship.
- Deploy to production multiple times per day.
- Learn from and work with a team of extremely experienced developers, in a very quality-oriented environment.
- Work in collaboration with teams from other business areas such as marketing, sales, operations, and whatnot. Cross-pollination is a given.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, in a company with high month-over-month growth.
- Be trusted by the management team. We hire you because we think you can solve the problems your own way and we trust that you will be able to manage your time and schedule.
- Intelligent: You can find clever but long-lasting solutions to difficult problems.
- An owner: You enjoy being responsible for a product development cycle from inception to production and beyond.
- A learner: you want to improve your skills not only in the engineering field but across other business areas such as entrepreneurship, sales, marketing, and whatnot.
- Quality oriented, with a keen eye for writing clean, maintainable and scalable code. You embrace code review and dislike untested code.
If you do not check all the boxes but still feel you would make for a great candidate, please do not hesitate to apply!
You can ask us at any time to delete your CV and contact information from our data base by contacting us at [email protected]