👋 Hello there!
A brief word about us: Factorial is currently building a solution for human resources (time off, contracts, payroll, attendance..) but we are expanding towards other business functions. That space is massively outdated with old-school ERPs and on-premise solutions which translates into companies demanding something fresher and obviously in the cloud. The company is 3 years old and we've recently found product-market-fit. It's time for us to double down on what we do best: Product & Engineering.
I would like to put emphasis on the problem we have at hand: Every company has data spread across many excels, documents and specialized tools. It's no surprise that companies struggle to make good people and business decisions when information is spread all over the place. As an engineer-founded company, we feel that we ought to change the status quo – and I hope you feel the same.
At Factorial we have a team of 10 very talented Full Stack developers. Being a relatively small team, we are looking for people who can wear many hats, who can abstract problems and find creative solutions. We look for smart people who are curious, proactive and have good soft/communication skills. We are not looking for a long list of skills. Our stack is Ruby on Rails for the backend and React/React-native for the clients, but it’s not mandatory to be proficient on those (most of the team came with other areas of expertise which is very enriching). We believe that someone who has good aptitudes and is hungry for learning is what works best.
Working at an early-stage startup like Factorial means making a bigger impact and learning more. In terms of the day to day work, you will enjoy the freedom to tackle big technical challenges your own way, working alongside a group of experienced developers and joining in at a critical stage in the company's future success.
- Have full ownership (and accountability) of which features to build and how to ship them.
- Deploy to production multiple times per day.
- Learn from and work with a team of extremely experienced developers, in a very quality-oriented environment.
- Work in collaboration with teams from other business areas such as marketing, sales, operations, and whatnot. Cross-pollination is a given.
- Be trusted by the management team. We hire you because we think you can solve the problems your own way and we trust that you will be able to manage your time and schedule.
- Smart: You don't believe in black or white, you explore all the solutions to a given problem and find that balance between the short and long term.
- An owner: You like proposing new hypothesis and be responsible for building, deploying and validating them.
- A learner: you want to improve your skills not only in the engineering field but across any other areas.
- A perfectionist: Quality oriented, with a keen eye for writing clean, maintainable and scalable code. You embrace code review and dislike untested code.
If you do not check all the boxes but still feel you would make for a great candidate, please do not hesitate to apply!
You can ask us at any time to delete your CV and contact information from our data base by contacting us at [email protected]