To further improve our product we are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team of seven developers and three product designers. If you like to think a problem through from beginning to end, see how your daily work affects a final product and enjoy wearing different heads, we would love to hear from you.
We exist to dramatically simplify administration of a business so business leaders can focus on running the business, connecting businesses with modern bookkeepers and automizing repetitive work: invoice generation, data entry of expenses and bank reconciliation. We are building a product to digitize documentation and automate processes with the goal to provide real time business information and enable better business decisions.
For our team this means understanding the current work flows of a book keeping firm, the tools they use or don't use in their daily routines and how to translate radical improvements to a cloud-based product. Today we focus on data entry and bank matching, allowing the book keeper's client to upload invoices which are 'automatically' read and processed, generating invoices through our app and connecting to their bank to match transactions with invoices/receipts.
Technologically we are solving the document scanning problem through OCR (optical character recognition) and a machine learning classification algorithm in Python and we also try our best everyday to improve the UX workflow of our platform. In the Frontend we are in the process of migrating from the old-school approach of mainly rendering everything at every request, to an SPA written in React.
More than experiences in a specific stack, we are looking for a problem solver, a curious mind and an entrepreneurial mindset. As a small team, you will be involved in different projects and think problems through from beginning to end. Even though we cannot deny that some of us prefer to deep dive into the tangles of the backend, we are all fullstack engineers in our approach to tackling a problem and thinking it through in all of its elements. If building a product that impacts thousands of businesses, improves now tedious manual, error-prone work and becoming part, sounds like the next move for, we would love hearing from you. In reviewing your application we will look for:
- 2-3 years of experience in working on a complex application
- Striving for perfectionism in user experience
- Curiosity to have tried different technologies and environments
We are looking for a pragmatic thinker and a keen problem solver ready to take on big challenges. Your role will range from the development of new projects and improvements to the current product, to internal refactors or even testing out new technologies.
What you will find at Quipu
- Competitive remuneration & benefit plans (transport, restaurant, health insurance...)
- Continuous challenge and space for learning
- Participation in the technological and business decision making
- Flexible schedule (but should be based in sunny Barcelona)
- As part of itnig you'll work in a start-up ecosystem that provides much more than a job experience like
- Ping pong championships - we have our own ping pong table at the office!
- itnig Breakfasts every Tuesday
- Summer BBQs, afterwork beers & activities such as Laser tag, Poker, Table games or LAN Parties
- Conferences, events & workshops onsite
Don't miss the opportunity to contribute to our challenging project as part of a great team of developers!