Does it motivate you to find an elegant solution to complex problems and transmit it through your visual design?
At Quipu we are looking for a UI / UX Designer to further develop our product and to increase engagement of our users. Participate in user research and testing, create the visual design based on wireframes and A/B test your design before handing it over to our development team.
Your challenge lies in making an invoicing software easy and fun to use!
Quipu is an invoicing and friendly accounting cloud-based software. It's especially developed for small and medium businesses and designed for dummies in finance, saving our users time for the important tasks. We are concerned with our customers spending as little time as possible on administrative tasks. We automate workflows so that we can provide real time data for a better and faster decision making. Forget about spreadsheets and paperwork!
What you will be working on:
You will work side by side with our product and development team focussed on creating an additional module / platform for bookkeepers from scratch and improving the workflow between the final user and the bookkeeper. For the past years we have been concerned with final users and we are now adding a layer for bookkeepers who consult our final clients.
We are also transitioning our actual design to a new one, so as implementing new frontend technologies to all of our users.
In this role you can expect to
- Collaborate with the team to develop user stories and product specifications
- Turn low-fidelity wireframes or broad conceptual ideas into high-end design work product
- Communicate with the front-end development team continuously during development and testing
- Use Sketch, Axure, InVision Suite, Framer or Principle on a daily basis
- A/B test your designs constantly
- Evaluate your design with real customers and data from tools like Hotjar
The whole development team works in 2-week sprints by following Scrum, and although we obviously follow a product roadmap based on the company's business needs, we strongly encourage your own initiative and ideas! Now as we are creating a product design team with you, we would like to incorporate design sprints as well.
Are you a pragmatic thinker and a keen problem solver ready to take on big challenges?
What we are looking for in you:
- Demonstrable experience in designing user interfaces and graphics for web and mobile apps
- Awareness and understanding of UX concepts and best practices
- Strong creative vision and an instinctive sense of how to layout data and information
- Obsession for pixel-perfect design and rich internet applications
- Experience in data visualisation and dashboard design
- Ability to think out of the box with a can-do attitude to get things done efficiently
- Ability to comfortably and articulately communicate concepts, ideas and decisions
- Expert level knowledge of Sketch
- A good understanding of HTML and CSS
What you will find at Quipu
We offer the freedom to lead important and critical development parts of our product, not only translating wireframes to visual designs but also thinking about the big-picture. We expect incredible knowledge hunger too but, above all, critical thinking and the ability to be a problem-solver.
- Provide you with continuous challenge and space for learning
- Participation in the technological and business decision making
- Agile tasks distribution, with daily deploys
- Flexible schedule (but should be based in Barcelona)
- Broad and diverse start-up ecosystem that provides much more than a job experience
Other fun activities
- Ping pong championships - we have our own ping pong table at the office!
- Itnig Breakfasts every Tuesday
- Summer BBQs
- Team Lunch on Fridays
- Afterwork Beers
- Afterwork activities such as Laser tag, Poker, Table games or LAN Parties
- Conferences, events and workshops onsite
Don't miss the opportunity to contribute to our challenging project as part of a great team of developers!